Thursday, June 28, 2012

Michael R. Plate...03-23-39 through 06-23-12

Michael R. Plate
03-23-39 through 06-23-12

This past Saturday, my dad passed away.  I'm not sure where to begin.  He was was the best dad I could ask for.  So many memories are swirling around in my mind....from tickle fights, to tennis lessons, to hot fudge sundaes, talks about boys, and beyond.  I'm so thankful to have had him in my life.  I think the best way to sum up my dad, is to make a list of all of things I will miss most about him....so here we go:

•  I will miss his artistic and funny drawings he sent me in the mail
•  I will miss his cheesy sense of humor
•  I will miss his constant cursing...it was just part of his lingo
•  I will miss his stories about the funny things he'd pick up while riding his bike
•  I will miss his 2 hour phone calls with conversation ranging from sports to cars to cats
•  I will miss his jokes about him "tweeting" or "blogging"
•  I will miss his stories about "Two and a Half Men"...oh dad
•  I will miss his constant teasing of my husband...because he loved him like a son
•  I will miss his stories about K-town
•  I will miss his creativity and artistic advice
•  I will miss his generosity of spirit
•  I will miss his wisdom
•  I will miss having his shoulder to cry on
•  I will miss his limitless love
•  I will miss his hugs

I love you and miss you so much, dad.



No comments: