With valentine's day fast approaching, I thought I'd give you just a few ideas for the people in your lives that you "heart". Enjoy!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Today, Ngan of Enve Designs, awarded me with the Proximidade Blog Award. It means so much to be recognized. Thank you for this honor, Ngan!
Proximidade is described as follows: This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! This blog award should be sent to your favorite eight bloggers and they, in turn should forward to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade (above) in your announcement blog.
The eight that I have chosen to receive the Proximidade Award are...
Thank you to everyone who takes time to create posts, read blogs, and share in ideas of creativity. It's comforting to know that in a culture obsessed with technology and computers, we are embracing the ways in which it brings us together.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Just a reminder, on February 1rst, I will no longer be offering the 2009 calendars. You will not see them until late fall. So if you still need a year-at-a-glance calendar for your refrigerator or office, order up before they're gone. Here is a link to the listing. Please see listing for image options for the calendars, and additionally any 5x10 from my shop can be used for the calendar image. Thanks for looking!
Monday, January 19, 2009
I had the best intentions of getting some favorites posted, but it just got pushed behind my other business today! So here is one of my newer images. This is the Hoan Bridge in Milwaukee, WI. Enjoy, and hope to post some favorites soon...zz...zzzzz..zzzzz
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Hmm...I've been tagged 2 times in a row...this time from Rachel at Get Ready Set Go. I'm just not that interesting, but will try to amuse you all with random facts about myself....lol :)
the rules: link to the person who tagged you > post the rules on your blog > write six random things about yourself > tag six people at the end of your post and link to them > let each person know they've been tagged
1. I've always wanted a tattoo, but can never decide what to get. Any suggestions? :)
2. I just got my ears pierced at the age of 27. I didn't cry...but it hurt! Now I LOVE to find special earrings to buy/wear/collect!
3. I never graduated from college. I've recently gone back to the tech school in our area for Graphic Design, but since starting my job at Kohl's am unsure of how I will squeeze school into my busy schedule.
4. I have been to Japan twice as a teen, and would absolutely love to go back as an adult photographer with my husband.
5. One of my more recent trades on Etsy was a beautiful envelope pendant from Jewels of Luxury. I wear it frequently, and is just one of the many awesome trades I've been a part of on Etsy. (see pic at top)
6. Music, hmmm....I love a very wide variety of music. Some of my favorite artists are Tom Waits, Ane Brun, The Black Keys, Alicia Keys, Bon Iver, AA Bondy, Ella Fitzgerald, Beck, Beth Orton, Gillian Welch, Susan Tedeschi, Lily Allen, and Sam Phillips. I could keep going, but that would be RIDICULOUS! In 2008 my hubby, b.f.f. Jessica, and myself went to an Ane Brun concert in Chicago. It was amazing! She does a beautiful cover of "True Colors"...check it out! They had an old photo booth there, and we had our pictures done, and used the strip for our christmas card this past year!
Our photo booth pictures from the Ane Brun concert in Chicago on our Christmas card
Pfewf! Ok, now I'm tagging...
Jessica, me, the corset
I've been tagged by the jewelry designer extraordinaire Ngan of Enve Jewelry. Here are 6 random things about me!
link to the person who tagged you > post the rules on your blog > write six random things about yourself > tag six people at the end of your post and link to them > let each person know they've been tagged
1. 2 years ago, I won a corset design contest for Frederick's of Hollywood which included a trip for two to Hollywood. They made my corset, and it walked down the runway with a the other corsets for the show. I took my my friend with me to share the experience and will never forget it! (See photo at top)
2. I have four cats, Charlie, Edwina, Minnie, and Otis who until we have children will serve as our children :) I spoil them as much as possible.
3. I'm a big sci-fi nerd. I love the old Star Treks.....such a high cheese factor! Some of my favorite current programs are Heroes, The Office, and Project Runway.
4. I love to paint, and hopefully will begin to pursue that more. I wish there were more hours in the day to do all of the things that I love.
5. In addition to "Etsy-ing" part time, I work full time for Kohl's Dept. Stores Corporate offices where I am a Digital Asset Specialist. Basically I color correct and retouch images for the Kohls website. I also do part time design work for clients.
6. I love my husband very much, and although he is not a perfect person, he is perfect for me. I feel so blessed to have him in my life.
And now I'm tagging:
Monday, January 5, 2009
Here are some other favorites to share! I highly recommend the Tomato Candle from Mireasma....it smells just like a tomato plant....ahhh...summer. Wishing you all a wonderful new year!